The countdown is on for Northwestern’s first ever regional CanvasCon event. On August 31, educators from across Illinois and the Midwest will descend upon the Technological (Tech) Institute for a jam-packed day of sessions from educators, innovators, and thought leaders in both Higher Education and K12. Hot topics trending in the Ed tech world will be discussed, and participants will enjoy Canvas-specific sessions on new skills and techniques for collaboration and beyond. Additionally, Instructure Senior Vice President of Product, Mitch Macfarlane, will deliver a keynote about future-proofing your technology investments.
A limited number of seats are still available. Purchase your tickets today!
Please see below for the full schedule of events. For those of you arriving early, come meet and mingle with new friends at our evening CanvasCon Welcome Reception on Tuesday, August 30 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Please RSVP here.
Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 | 8 AM - 5 PM
8:00 - 9:00 AM Check-in & Breakfast
9:00 - 9:15 AM Welcome Remarks. Sean Reynolds, Vice President for Information Technology, Northwestern University
9:15 - 10:00 AM Opening Keynote. Mitch Macfarlane, SVP Product and Customer Experience, Instructure
10:15 - 11:00 AM BREAKOUT SESSION 1 -- 4 Tracks
- Instead of Thinking Outside of the Box, Get Rid of the Box - Annette Beck & David Long, The University of Iowa
- Quizzes.Next: Modern Testing in Canvas for HE - Jason Sparks, Instructure
- Google + Canvas = Better Together - Dana Smith, Woodstock Community Unit School District 200
- The Lightboard, for Snappy Video Lectures - Michael Peshkin, Northwestern University
11:15 - 12:00 PM BREAKOUT SESSION 2 -- 4 Tracks
- Strategies for a Successful LMS Rollout in HE - Mindy Hintze, Instructure
- Quality Matter: How to Design a Well-Aligned Course - Jessica Mansbach & Reba-Anna Lee, Northwestern University
- Rethinking the Canvas Classroom Discussion Board Feature Using Social Media Principles - Ryan Anderson, Warren Township HS District 121
- Migrate an Olympic Size Course and Make it Shine with a Lightbox Image Gallery - Cecilia Lo & Wayne Jehng, University of Chicago
1:30 - 2:00 PM PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT -- Hilary Scharton, Product Strategy, Product Management, Instructure
2:15 - 3:00 PM BREAKOUT SESSION 3 -- 4 Tracks
- Overcoming Obstacles: Making the Move to Canvas - Brian McNurlen, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- DELTA (Delivering Experiential Labs to ALL) - Amy Skyles, Missouri S&T
- Strategies for a Successful Rollout in K12 - Mindy Hintze, Instructure
- Beyond the Classroom: Building Online Communities to Foster Program Engagement - Alyssa Dyar, Northwestern University
3:15 - 4:00 PM BREAKOUT SESSION 4 -- 4 Tracks
- Using the Canvas Ecosystem to Integrate Rich Media in the Classroom - Jill Albin-Hill, Dominican University
- Integrations & Innovations - Victoria Getis, Northwestern University
- Quizzes.Next: Modern Testing in Canvas for K12
- Learning Analytics and Post-Secondary Instruction - David Halsted, Affiliated Faculty, Northwestern University
4:15 - 5:00 PM Canvas Closing Keynote. Mitch Benson - VP Canvas Product, Product Management, Instructure
For full event details including transportation and accommodations, visit our Eventbrite page.