Fellowship Opportunity for 2017-2018 Academic Year

The Educational Technology Teaching Fellows (ETTF) program at Northwestern University is now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 academic year. Dedicated to exploring blended learning opportunities, ETTF is open to instructors and graduate students responsible for teaching and learning at Northwestern. Potential fellows apply with a project or goal in mind and use the program to explore how new tools or approaches might help them enhance their teaching.

Below are some project examples from this past year’s fellows. If you are interested in joining the program, we encourage you to apply. Application deadline September 26.

APPLY

Highlights from the 2016-2017 Educational Technology Teaching Fellows:

Adding Active Learning Strategies to Intermediate Spanish
Rifka Cook

Experimenting with active learning strategies helped Professor Rifka Cook revise her Spanish 121 Special Topics: Gastronomia e Identidad Hispana course this spring quarter. By inviting chefs from Venezuela, Mexico, and Guatemala to make virtual appearances in her course using the BlueJeans videoconferencing tool in Canvas, students were able to interact in the target language with the chefs... READ MORE

Leading a Double Life: How to be an adjunct lecturer and keep your day job
Ed Jaffe

Embracing the Digital Humanities
Jacob Leveton

I applied for ETTF because I was excited about the program after getting an email on the first or second day of courses in the fall. I had been on fellowship for a year in Paris and had missed teaching immensely during that time. In addition, I realized that the teaching I eventually wished to do would include elements of new media, digital storytelling, and social media-based engagement. So, I knew immediately that the ETTF program would give me the opportunity to garner those skills… READ MORE