On August 31, Instructure and Northwestern IT Services and Support will bring the 2016 regional CanvasCon to Northwestern. CanvasCon is a one-day event specifically designed for Midwestern educators, both K-12 and collegiate instructors. Everyone is invited, from the Canvas-curious to the expert user, but registration is required to attend.
"CanvasCons are a great way for educators and technologists to share and learn from each other. Having local institutions like Northwestern host the event ensures that CanvasCons are authentic, regionally relevant, and low cost. The August 31st, 2016 event will help you connect with others to spark and spread educational innovation. It will also be a lot of fun, and an energizing start to the new academic year," says Jared Stein, Vice President of Higher Ed Strategy at Instructure.
The event is a fantastic opportunity to learn and share insights about Canvas and hear directly from colleagues in the region about interesting use cases and their experience piloting new tools. Very soon, Instructure will release the full schedule of presenters which will feature presentations from both inside and outside Northwestern. Planned sessions include:
- An exclusive Keynote about future-proofing your technology investments, and how Instructure and Canvas helps you do more stuff better and faster -- Mitch McFarlane, Senior Vice President of Product at Instructure
- Use of the Lightboard to create visually dynamic videos for little cost -- Michael Peshkin, Professor at the McCormick School of Engineering at Northwestern
- Using the Canvas ecosystem to integrate rich media in the classroom -- Jill Albin-Hill, Vice President for IT & Chief Inofmation Officer at Dominican University
- How to design a well-aligned course -- Jessica Mansbach, Learning Designer, and Reba-Anna Lee, Director of Online Program Development, both from the School of Professional Studies at Northwestern
- Overcoming obstacles in making the move to Canvas -- Brian McNurlen, Assistant Director, DoIT Academic Technology
CanvasCon 2016 will be held from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Northwestern Technological Institute located at 2145 Sheridan Rd on the Evanston Campus. Meals and refreshments will be provided. Space is limited so register today!