Many University units are ready to help you with your remote instruction needs. Workshops are available from several sources (see below). Please refer to the Canvas Learning Center for in-depth information on Canvas.
- Practicum in Foundations of Online Teaching
- The purpose of the practicum is to provide instructors and teaching assistants with crucial knowledge and skills, grounding them in the foundations of online teaching. The practicum was created for instructors teaching in 2020 terms.
- Teaching & Learning Technologies Workshops
- These workshops cover basic introductions to tools like Canvas and Zoom, as well as deeper explorations of grading and assessment, creating effective video assignments, and recording lectures. On-demand, self-paced training for Canvas, Zoom, and Panopto is available.
- Searle Center Workshops
- These workshops cover issues such as diversity, equity, and inclusion in learning and teaching, fostering student engagement, and professional training in teaching for graduate students.
- Libraries Workshops
- The Library is offering workshops on digital materials available during COVID-19, copyright and fair use, as well as GIS and social science data.