Zoom offers 24/7 live support, including national holidays. You will find Support in the upper-right-hand section of your account page or via the blue Help button on the bottom-right-hand side of your screen. We encourage you to bookmark Zoom Support and take advantage of the following support options.
- Zoom Help Center - Provides access to a host of helpful videos and instructions; you can also watch video tutorials on most Zoom features
- Live Training - Allows you to join live Zoom training sessions
- Live Chat or call 888-799-0125
- Be sure to have ready your meeting ID and the date and time of the incident when reporting an issue.
- Submit an Email Request to Zoom Support
- School-Specific Support
In some cases, Northwestern schools offer individualized or supplementary support for students through their IT organizations. Learn more about school-specific support options.
- Troubleshooting on Your Own
If you are on hold waiting to connect to support for Zoom or Canvas, you can try some things that might immediately help you solve a problem.
- Try connecting your laptop or desktop to the internet via ethernet instead of via WiFi.
- Turn off video in the videoconference and use only audio.
- Check your residence’s ; a stable internet connection of 10Mb/s for download and 3Mb/s for upload (or greater) is recommended. If watching videos or taking part in a web conference is difficult, you may need to notify your instructor.
- Visit the Northwestern IT Knowledge Base for self-help solutions to common technical questions and support requests.