Northwestern general technology support is available for all your technology needs. You may contact the Northwestern IT Service Desk Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Phone: 847-491-4357 (1-HELP)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Help with Canvas
- Chat with Canvas Support via Live Chat or call 833-879-0860 (available 24/7)
- Chat with the Canvas Support Chatbot via the Help menu in Canvas (automated, 24/7 resource for all Canvas users) – Helps with enrollments, performs course file storage increases, creates prep sites, answers frequently asked questions, and escalates issues to IT Support
- Canvas Learning Center
- Canvas Student Center
- Help with Zoom
Zoom offers 24/7 live support, including national holidays. You will find Support in the upper-right-hand section of your account page or via the blue Help button on the bottom-right-hand side of your screen. We encourage you to bookmark Zoom Support and take advantage of the following support options.
- Faculty-to-Faculty Insights on Teaching Remotely
The Keep Teaching Video Series is a new collection of faculty insights, tips, and best practices around remote instruction. Each video highlights a mix of instructors across the University sharing their thoughts and experiences to support continued engagement and successful learning outcomes.
- Help with library services, including materials for your course
- Live chat with a librarian, email at email@example.com, or call at 847-491-7658.
- Schedule a consultation with a subject specialist, including subject librarians and experts in digital humanities, open education, copyright, digital publishing, and special collections and archives.
The Libraries can assist faculty with teaching online and support students with research projects and assignments:
- Work with a librarian to arrange synchronous or asynchronous library instruction for your students
- Integrate library readings and course materials into Canvas
- Find and create course materials. Librarians can identify and suggest an alternate course or research materials that will be accessible to online learners, and help redesign library research assignments
- School-Specific Support
In some cases, Northwestern schools offer individualized or supplementary support for their faculty and students through their IT organizations. This online teaching and learning support is provided in addition to the resources offered centrally by Northwestern IT and may be most useful for applications and programs that are specific to a given school. Learn more about school-specific support options.